Purpose, objectives and themes of the Forum
“Restoring Donbas and Ukraine”
December 10, 2015
NSC “Olympic” Hall of Champions
Formation of public platform in the context of searching ways to restore Donbas and socio-economic development of Ukraine in modern conditions.
- To organize multi-level dialogue involving the state, society, business, academic elite, representatives of local government, etc.
- To activate investment performance and the development of entrepreneurship
- To create a joint group of experts, social activists, philanthropists and representatives of international organizations in the context of “Institute of Public Diplomacy”.
- To extend the international relations, to look for the new partners for the development of the region;
- To discuss the Programme Document (the Strategic Plan) and projects on reconstruction and development of the region.
The Forum program includes:
– Plenary session;
– Panel discussions;
– The exhibition of children’s drawings «Peace and war through the eyes of Donbas children»
– Exposition of the project among young architects on restoring of the social infrastructure in Donbas;
– Signing of Memorandum of cooperation between the participants of the Forum on future partnership;
– Press Briefing.
Topics for discussion:
– International experience in restoring of post-conflict regions and countries in social, humanitarian and economic fields;
– Ways and stages of resolving the thorniest humanitarian issues;
– Adaptation programs for the population, returning to the conflict zone;
– Protection of the rights of citizens affected by the conflict.
“Economic rehabilitation of Donbas and attracting investment to Ukraine”
– New formats of economic activity in light of specific features of post-conflict regions.
– Participation of international organizations, donors and financial institutions in the implementation of projects on Donbas restoring.
– «Municipal entrepreneurship» (development of entrepreneurship, new lines of business due to the decentralization of power in Ukraine).
– Tax policy.
– Features of local government during the post-conflict period.
– Community initiative «Restoring Donbas»;
– Institute for Strategic Studies “New Ukraine”;
– Ukrainian Institute of Policy Analysis and Management.
Working languages: Ukrainian, English, Russian.